Thursday, February 2, 2012

Seven Things About Me

1. I love solitude, and I don't get nearly enough of it. It gives me time to reflect and replenish, and I need to have time to myself to maintain any kind of sanity. I am happiest walking a dog and listening to music.

2. I love when I have time to be creative. I taught myself to knit from a book, and made scarves, but nothing beyond that. I've made pants form t-shirts for my youngest when he was much smaller {tutorial here}. I used to make jewelry.  Anything creative, and I'm happier.

3. My favorite things to eat (as of this very minute) are clementines and avocados.

4. I love my work, but I long to be a stay at home mom. I imagine my house being way more orderly and clean, my kids being happier, my dogs being better behaved. And the time I would have for the things I *want* to do.  And OHMAHGAWD I would probably have the required energy to paint over the previous tenant's purple that is our living room. Also, there would occasionally be naps. For me, even.

5. I collect books. I used to have so much more time to read, and I never liked to borrow books from the library, but rather to have them as my very own. And instead of ever culling my collection, I just got more bookcases. Hopefully, I'll have time/ energy/ focus to sit a read soon.

6. I don't watch TV, ever. I can rarely sit through an entire movie.

7. I grew up in a military family, and we moved fairly frequently. I have never, even in my adult life, lived in any one home for longer than two years. I've been in Missouri for a long time, I'm in my 11th year and that's a record for me.

1 comment:

  1. #6 I'm the opposite! I think I spend too much time watching TV!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete