Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Broken Arm



Last Wednesday I broke my arm. My emergency room visit was a nightmare....But the aftermath? Not so bad. I'm off of work for a while, so I get to spend time with my husband, kids, AND my dogs. It's been something I've been needing for a while. I feel so much less stressed out. 
I work with a lot of volunteers, and you know they are the people that have the best hearts. One, named Donna, has organized a dozen or so people to bring dinners to my house every other day during the week. It's my dominant arm that's broken, so I'm pretty much useless as far as being able to cook and clean, so it makes my day so much easier. It's so nice to have a smiling person showing up at my door with food!

I am missing the dogs at the shelter, and I definitely miss being able to walk my own dogs. It was the best part of my day, those walks. Especially with Conrad. Of all of my dogs, I think I am most bonded to him, and we have the best walks together. 

I have my son making some clay markers for my garden. While I envisioned lovely markers with some kind of botanical theme design on them, I am getting robots and superheroes. They will look snazzy, I am sure, and I am super grateful that he is making them for me since *I* can't.

I have time to read! I've had this book on my shelf for years, because Anais Nin is an important writer. I've tried repeatedly to read it, but I could never really get into her writing for some reason. It turns out, all I needed was some peace and quiet, and motivation. I'm not really sure what I think of it, since I'm reading it in the midst of a painkiller haze. 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you broke your arm, but it sounds like you are enjoying your time off. They say every cloud has a silver lining!! :) Laughed about the adorable clay markers! You are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to be able to use them! My friends are some of the nicest people around!

      Delete
  2. I hope your arm heals quickly. I'd be in a world of hurt if my dominant arm was broke. How did you manage to break your arm? My luck generally means my broken bones are from me doing something stupid that i know I shouldn't LOL. Such as letting my 17 yr old son convince me that I can ride his skateboard. Ummm yeah that didn't work out so well. I broke my foot on that one. Or like how I dropped a knife on my foot and ended up with 15 stitches...I'm super clutz LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my feet pulled out from under me by a rather large dog. Skateboarding? Not for me either, lol

    ReplyDelete