Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Monday



I'm ready to start my herbs inside! I have a bunch of 2 liter soda bottles that will be hung in a sunny window. I'll be recycling *and* showing my 3 year old the root growth. However, I am not just going on up to The Big Box Store to buy my seeds, I'm buying non gmo, non Monsanto affiliated seeds. They are nearly impossible to find. I did find a garden/ farm center here in the city that carries Livingston seeds, but it doesn't open until March. The lovely people at Livingston are, however, sending me 3 free packets of the herbs of my choice, just to hold me over.  #how to treat customers
I wanted something a little more sophisticated....


I went to Upcycle Exchange in search of origami paper. People donate arts & crafts supplies, which are sold on a pay-as-you-wish system. There was no origami paper, but I bought some vintage maps, which can be used for some origami. I ended up buying it from the craft store, which is exactly what I didn't want to do. Anyway, I will soon have a flock of cranes hanging from my ceiling.

Conrad & Kieran

Conrad's biggest problem when walking is OTHER DOGS. I thought he was dog aggressive until a trainer assessed him, now we know he is just terribly rude and doesn't know how to meet dogs. I've tried high value treats while making him sit when he sees another dog, I've tried saving feeding time until walks and feeding him in the presence of another dog, there's a LIST of things I've tried. This evening I put a Thundershirt on him and took him for a walk, and it was AHmazing. He would lunge and bark, and he had a very aggressive appearance. After the dog was out of sight, he would continue barking, and be very anxious.  But this Thundershirt made such a difference. He saw the dog, he sat down, looked at me, and I began giving him lots of verbal praise and high value treats. I am so proud of his progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment