Friday, February 17, 2012

A series of weird coincidences


My lovely friend Beth came over today, bringing me muffins and a card. We went the anarchists' bakery across the street for coffee (fair trade! organic!) and good conversation. It was really great to see her. It would be nice to spend more time with her.
She's one of my favorite people. She's smart and kind, she works hard and is an independent thinker. Very much a revolutionary type with amazing ideas and philosophies.
Beth was in my dream last night. We were having muffins and drinking tea with Anais Nin, who told me I should paint my writing room gray, and proceeded to get right to work on it. Beth and I began to stencil ampersands on the walls, and one dog from the shelter was there with us. So! Here's where the weirdness comes in! Beth showed up today with muffins, and as we were walking to the bakery we saw a window display of artsy odds and ends, some of which were vintage wooden ampersands. And then? We are both reading the same volume of Anais Nin's diary. Weird!





No comments:

Post a Comment