Saturday, March 3, 2012

We drank wine and talked until 2AM

Beth and Jesse came over last night. We had serious conversations about all sorts of things, we drank some wine and then we drank some beer, and they stayed until 2AM. Having company is kind of a rare thing at my house. We are always going to other peoples' houses or bars or restaurants. Rarely do we have company. Most of Billy's friends are not so much dog lovers, and we have a lot of dogs. In the case of one couple, the wife is TERRIFIED of dogs, so it is just easier to go there than try to get her to not be afraid of dogs, or leave my dogs crated so they go crazy barking. So we are always going to bars/ restaurants/ movie theaters to hang out with his friends.

My friends are almost all crazy dog people, with a house full of pets and/or children and the accompanying mess. So they are more likely to want to go out rather than stay in. Because having company means a frenzy of housework and a lot of stress.

Anyway, we are always OUT when with friends.

Something I would like to have: COUPLE FRIENDS. We have couple friends, of course. Not very many. His best friend since high school is married, and so of course they are our couple friends. And while I like them okay (but not that much), I would like to have REAL couple friends, in which both of us really like both halves of the other couple and vice-versa. It seems a difficult thing to manage.

Beth & Jesse might be exactly what we need. It is so weird how alike Beth and I are, and how alike Billy and Jesse are. So! Maybe we will, all four of us, be great friends.

I'm scouring the internet for all kinds ideas, we are completely redecorating. I've decided to pull up the living room carpet and paint the floor. It's kind of a big project, and I'm a little intimidated by it, but I hate carpet. I have dogs! and kids! I should not have carpet!

1 comment:

  1. We're the opposite here; we hardly ever go out and if we do get together with friends (which is hardly ever!) we have them over here. If they don't like dogs then they don't come, simple as!!

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete