Friday, March 9, 2012

Living Room, Re-Do Begun

My awesome husband has pulled up the carpet and padding and found already painted hardwood floors. They'll need some sanding and a fresh coat of paint. I was thinking about stenciling the floor, but I'm really not sure I want to do that. It's a definite *maybe*. We painted the living room something called 'Pebble Gray'. It's a little darker than I thought it would be, but I like it very much. The previous color was lavender, which is not for me at all. I let it slide for a long time (almost a year), but I've decided to really put forth some effort into making our house OUR HOME. *EVERYTHING* is getting redone. Anyway, so much of the time I've had plans or ideas for a room, the ideas never become reality. Oh! The MONEY! TIME! DIFFICULT LANDLORD! But this time? Things are happening and that makes me feel SO happy.

The money is not really so much an issue. Although we are so broke it's really very pitiful, I am scouring the internet for ways to do things CHEAPER. I am committed to reusing, repurposing, and when I shop? I will buy used. I am not going to lie, most of what we own is junk and has been through some hardship (moves, dogs, children). It'll take some work to get this place together. but there are great ideas everywhere.



2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, girl. Our problem is that more than 1/2 the house is not even finished. It costs money to put up walls! What were we thinking??? Shoulda given myself a good kick when we bought the Shack. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete